At Ivey, we emphasize sustainable growth. As a future business leader, it is our responsibility to leverage the skills and tools that we develop here at Ivey to address the world’s social, environmental, and economic challenges.
Ivey Impact Day is a student-run, student-led event that takes students outside of the classroom to give back to the community. Ivey Impact Days provide students with the opportunity to explore and develop a deeper understanding of how their lives and how they pursue their careers contribute to the impact they have in society.
Ivey Impact Days is a day-long event that offers MBA students a variety of opportunities using their heads, hearts, and hands, in exploring and identifying ways to increase measurable impact. Students decide among the following opportunities on how they want to spend their Ivey Impact Day:
- Hands-on Volunteering
- MBAs spend the day immersing themselves in the community and working alongside other community members in making immediate impact in their surroundings. This opportunity allows students to get be on-site and work alongside community workers and volunteers
- Social Business Design Challenge
- MBAs form small design teams to help investigate a business challenge faced by a social organization and apply their existing knowledge and experience to provide recommendations on improvement opportunities
- Impact Investing Case Competition
- Evaluating social enterprises using an SROI framework and tackling a business challenge
For more information about previous Ivey Impact Day events, please click here